not able to enumerate and use COM1 to COM18 at Windows Server 2012 r2 (VMWARE machine)

Im not able to enumerate and use COM1 to COM18 during the RealPort software installation… Neither after the installation. Ports remain unlisted. As a result we are using COM21 to COM36.

We are using a Digi Etherlite 160 unit on a windows server 2012 r2 clean installation under VMWARE Hypervisor 6.5 with no physical serialport assigned at the hardware…

Unfortunatly we have to move Digi Port5 to a COM under number 16 because will be used with an application not able to use port greather than COM16 because of visual basic 6.0 restrictions.

Exactly how are you attempting to change to the COM port assignments? I believe the proper way is through the RealPort Properties:

1. Expand the Multiport serial adapters category in Windows Device Manager.

2. Double-click the Etherlite (Properties).

3. Click the Advanced tab.

4. Click the Properties button.

5. Select the first Serial port on the left, click the Serial tab, and change the COM port number in the drop down.

Does this information help?

by default, Port5 of CM32 was assigned to PC COM9, I would like to change to assign Port 13 to PC COM9, how to do that?I rename the Port5 to Port13 it doesn’t help.
How to verify if the communication from PC COM9 to Port 13 is working?