PBuilder - Huh?

I am sure this has been asked many times in the past, but what the hell is PBuilder? I just want have a web server, grab when it asks for a file, and send my data/pages. I have looked through all the documentation: the AWS.pdf and the Ajax document are the only references I can find, and they are useless. Could someone point me in the right direction?

P.S. Whomever came up with compiled web pages should be shot.

This question should be posted in the corresponding NET+OS section, not the hardware section of the Digi Connect ME / Wi-ME.

The Advanced Web Server (AWS) uses the Page Builder (PBuilder) Utility to convert HTML to C files. The PBuilder generates files for:

1. Static definitions, including the data structures that represent the Web page.
  2. Web page stubs for the developer to complete, enabling dynamic data manipulation.
  3. PBuilder utility files (for example, rppages.c), which contain common phrases and the data structure that contains all the pages served by the server.

The PBuilder compiler uses the HTML input file to build two output files:

1. The C source code that represents the compressed internal format of the HTML page with structures for both static text and variable access.

2. A set of stub routines that can be fleshed out to access the variables.

For more information on PBuilder, see the guide for the Advanced Web Server Toolkit. This guide is located in the “Documentation” folder under the NET+OS menu. You may also find more useful information on the internet as well.

Good point. Will do.