PortServer TS 4 MEI Resets to default on power cycle.

I am currently using a number of Portserver TS 4 MEI servers on submersible camera platforms, which get regularly power cycled. On irregular occasions, the units will power on having reset all settings to default expect for the set IP address. Is this something anyone else has seen and knows of a root cause of the problem. Thanks.

This is not normal behavior and can be indicative of bad flash memory, however having more than one unit doing this irregularly, it would seem unlikely to be the case here.

The only other time I’ve seen this is when the settings are changed, either intentionally or unintentionally via a rogue RealPort host or server on the network.

What settings do you see changing specifically and what are they changing to?

On setup, I normally change the IP address, change the root password and set the ports to a mixture of realport and tcp socket profiles.
When the problem occurs, the IP address stays on the custom address I set, the root password changes back to the default of dbps and all the port profiles settings are lost, ie. I am asked to select the port profile to be used for all ports and baud, polarity, tcp address, etc. . are all reset to default. I have a config backup which I load when this happens but I don’t believe this is normal operation. Thanks for the help.

Sounds like you might want to pursue this with Digi Tech. Support to see if it is in need of repair.