Problem detecting Xbee S2 in XCTU V6.3.1

Hi,
I am having a problem trying to detect my Xbee S2 modules in XCTU V6.3.1. I am connecting it using an arduino board and a arduino wireless shield set in USB mode.

I am connecting in XCTU using the Arduino mega 2560 COM port option and have attempted to scan using all of the baud rates only to get that it does not detect any radio modules.
Also when attempting to add the device manually each time I am prompted and asked to reset the board whenever I press it on the shield nothing happens.

This is the first time I have used the Xbee modules so any help or advice would be appreciated.

The full Xbee S2 code is: XB24-Z7WIT-004

Thanks.

Are you trying to connect XCTU via the Arduino processor then to the XBee module? If so, that is not going to work. You need to use a development board for XCTU to access the radio which allows direct access to the radio.

Yes I was trying to connect through the Ardunio processor because I thought you needed to for the USB connection.
Are there any specific development boards that I should use then instead of the Arduino?

Thanks

Yes there is. One that Digi makes is called an XBIB-U-DEV and an XBIB-U-DEV-SS (Surface mount). They are designed to specifically connect an XBee to a PC and update/port firmware or commands to the XBee modules.