Problem upgrading firmware on EL-32 Solaris 10

I have an EL-32 with very backdated firmware on it - v1.2. I wanted to upgrade it to v1.7, like most of my other units. This is from realport-2.8.5 driver software on Solaris 10 update 11.

Originally I had a lot of trouble trying to set a new IP address, until I actually erased the existing one first. I’ve never had to do that with any other EL-32; but this one has the lowest firmware version I’ve ever encountered (came from another location within the company).

When I attempt to upgrade it, however, I get the following:

./dgipserv -reset -tftp 10.145.227.247 -firmware /tftpboot/realport-v1_7.bin 00-a0-e7-22-02-d7 10.145.227.141

Resetting the EtherLite module…
Communicating with the RealPort software in the module…
Reset complete.
Awaiting a BOOTP request from HW address 00:A0:E7:22:02:D7…
(This may take up to a minute.)
Got one–responding…
Address successfully served.
Awaiting a TFTP request…
The module has been quiescent for 17 seconds.
Assuming something is wrong…

I have noticed that when doing just an “IP set”, that the time between “Got one–responding…” and the banner-like message about the Etherlite rebooting takes much longer than I’ve seen for any other EL-32 unit. So I’m wondering if perhaps the V1.2 firmware isn’t as efficient/fast as some of the newer versions. If so, should I use a lower version of the realport drivers and upgrade the EL-32 firmware in stages, or can the “timeout” value be customized/extended in some way to see if the Etherlite will eventually get around to issuing the tftp request?