Problem with 2k8 x64 drivers

Good day, colleagues. Thank You for release!
But we have a problem with this drivers.

When we press to button “connect”, in Config utility, OS found the netusb device, next it found our USB-hasp key connected to AnywhereUSB device, install drivers to this hasp.

But we get a problem - USB-hasp periodically perform disconnection - reconnection to OS. Every 10 seconds. So when I run configuration utility, I see that every ~10 seconds AnywhereUSB device disappear from list and after next ~10 second appear again. And this action repeats constantly.

If I take a moment when AnywhereUSB device present in list, and when I press to “Disconnect” button, USB normally disconnect from my Host and left in list constantly (not appear-disappear)

Do you know what is problem?

P.S.
I use Windows 2008 Enterprise x64 runned on Virtual Machine in Hyper-V.

P.S.2.
When I conect this device to other host (i.e. WindowsXP) all work fine.

Good day,

1. What kind of USB-hasp are you using?

2. If no USB devices are connected to the AnywhereUSB, does this issue still happen?

3. Please upload the AnywhereUSB event log.

4. About the other Windows XP host, is that a physical PC? Or is it (also) a Virtual Machine?

5. About the screen capture you uploaded, that shows the AnywhereUSB Configuration Utility on a Virtual Machine, is the Operating System of that Virtual Machine running Windows Server 2008 Enterprise x64? Or do you mean that the Virtualization Server itself (the physical hardware) is running Windows Server 2008 Enterprise x64? I need to know what Operating Systems are running on both the physical hardware and the Virtual Machine in question.

1. HASP HL from Alladin - usb key for “1C Enterprise Server License version 8.1 x64”
  2. I try to test. Answer later…
  3. Ok. Tommorrow.
  4. It physical PC. I have wide infrastructure and may try perform testing some later on other virtual-physical environment.
  5. Both - physical host and virtual host is Win2k8 Enterprise x64 systems. Hyper-v is virtualization software. Hardware - IBM Blade-X series.
  1. If no USB devices - all work fine. If I conect simple flash drive - all work fine. Some later I try other devices and post here if something don’t work.

2. attach…
    event.log - log file from w2k8 x64, where AnywhereUSB was connected.
    AwUsbview.txt - log file from AnywhereUSB view created on fine worked WinXP mashine. (in this file You may see device descriptor on AnuwhereUSB controller.

Message was edited by: maximilian@mail333.com

1. What AnywhereUSB driver version are you running on the Win XP Physical PC? The same version (the new v2.60 release) or something else? To determine this, open the AnywhereUSB Configuration Utility then click “View / Driver Information” and note the version of “awusbsys.sys”.

2. In order to resolve this, we would most likely need one of those USB dongles to re-create the issue with. Would you be able to send us your dongle? If not, would you be able to work with the vendor to get a loaner sent to us?

By you questions:

1. In WinXP I use 2.51.1 - from site main download page.
    Driver version in attachments.

2. Sorry, I am from Ukraine and resending key to You will so long time. I think that I may connect this AnywhereUSB device to public IP address. How do you think, this may help to us?

Contacts:
Developer’s web-page: http://www.alladin.ru/contacts/
e-mail: info@eAladdin.com.ua

Phone in Ukraine:
+38 (044) 331-32-23
+38 (044) 543-45-52

my e-mail - maximilian@mail333.com
my phone - +38 067 3299885
I call to key-developer company, and they ask, that help us with any info that we need.
Please send email and show what tech-info you need to correct problem with drivers.

Please ask me for any info that you need. I try to answer as fast as possible…

Thank you!

Am I correctly understanding that the AnywhereUSB does NOT reboot/disconnect when the Windows XP PC is being used as the host (when the Aladdin key is attached to the AnywhereUSB)? If so, I’d like for you to install the newer v2.60 AnywhereUSB driver on that PC, for troubleshooting purposes. It would be helpful to know if the issue “follows” the new driver or not.

Where can I get 2.60 version of drivers for winXP 32 bit?
On site main page I can download only 2.51 version

The new v2.60 AnywhereUSB driver that supports Server 2008 and Vista is now available. It’s not yet on our website though, so use one of the download links below that goes to our FTP site.

You should first uninstall the existing driver by clicking “View / Driver Information / Uninstall” in the AnywhereUSB Configuration Utility and then reboot the VM when prompted.

After Windows loads, install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 runtime libraries. They must be installed before installing the newer AnywhereUSB driver. These runtime libraries are included in the 40002670 and 40002668 install packages in the “Redistributable Libraries” folder.

For 32-bit Windows Operating systems: vcredist_x86.exe For 64-bit Windows Operating systems: vcredist_x64.exe

After extracting the 40002670 or 40002668 AnywhereUSB installation package to a temporary location on your hard disk, browse to the “Redistributable Libraries” folder and run the vcredist_x.exe found there. After it completes installation you may then install the AnywhereUSB drivers by running Setup.exe. Failure to do so will result in the AnywhereUSB driver installation failing and the configuration utility being unable to start properly.

Download links for the new v2.60 AnywhereUSB driver:

32-bit:
ftp://austin:!15st3n!@ftp1.digi.com/40002670.exe

64-bit:
ftp://austin:!15st3n!@ftp1.digi.com/40002668.exe

Login/pass correct?
There is no such files in directory. I login correctly but in root folder only ‘support’ folder.

Am I correctly understanding that the AnywhereUSB does NOT reboot/disconnect when the Windows XP PC is being used as the host (when the Aladdin key is attached to the AnywhereUSB)?

• Yes, correctly. On host with winXP no problem with drivers… I will try newer version…

That link should automatically log you in with the following username/password:

Username: austin
Password: !15st3n!

If you’re using Internet Explorer 7, it may be logging you in anonymously, so try this instead:

1. Copy & paste the following address: ftp://ftp1.digi.com
  2. Click the “Tools” button at the top-right and make sure that “Menu Bar” is checked.
  3. click “View” at the top-left then click “Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer”.
  4. In the new window that opens, click “File / Login As”, enter the above Username & Password, then click the “Log On” button.

Does that help?

I do that with same result…
Please check, maybe this drivers deleted now from this place?

My mistake.

Look for the the file “40002670.exe” now in the “AnywhereUSB” folder, within the support folder. This is the 32-bit version of the upcoming v2.60 driver that I want you to try on the Win XP PC.

OK, have result…
On winXP 32 bit - all work fine… Key founded and worked.

In addition, I install previously downloaded win2k8 x64 drivers on to virtual “Win2k3 x64 server”.
There more problem on that system than with “2k8 x64”.
Look to attachment.

Windows write message that not able to load drivers for this device (code 39).
Windows not found any device connected to AnywhereUSB (i.e. Flash-drives)
But Anywhere USB device not reboot when Alladin key connected…

Maybe you have skype?
My ID - maximilian_ukr

OK, that Win XP test tells us that the issue does not seem to be “following” the v2.60 driver.

It would be good to know if the issue occurs (or not) on the virtual “Win2k3 x64 server”. To resolve the code 39 you need to follow these instructions:

The following workaround is required for installing an AnywhereUSB on a Virtual Machine:

1. Make sure Windows is configured to show file extensions. In My Computer, click “Tools / Folder Options” then click the “View” tab. Scroll down and uncheck “Hide extensions for known file types” (unless it’s already unchecked) then click OK.

2. Search the Windows CD (that matches the OS of the Host PC) for a file called “usbd.sy_” (it should be in the i386 folder). For example, if the Host PC is running Windows 2003, then use a Windows 2003 CD.

3. Copy “usbd.sys_” and paste it in “c:\windows\system32\drivers” (or c:\winnt\system32\drivers for Windows 2000), then rename the file to “usbd.sys”. Be sure to paste it in the “drivers” folder, not just “system32”.

4. Open the AnywhereUSB Configuration Utility, click “View / Driver Information / Uninstall” and reboot the Virtual Machine when prompted.

5. After Windows loads, re-install the AnywhereUSB software and follow the normal installation procedure - you should go through a total of 5 found new hardware wizards, and the 5 port LEDs should be solid green once the AnywhereUSB is installed and connected to the Host PC.

Next results…

I install usbd.sys… Then install 2.60 drivers on win2k3 x64…

All work fine… HASP showed in DeviceList as “needed drivers for Alladin USB device”.
AnywhereUSB not reboot.

But! As only I install HASP drivers, in that time NetHUB reboot. and reboot every 30 seconds again… (Maybe I not fully correct say… Not reboot on power, but connect-disconnect to OS)

That drivers: http://www.alladin.ru/bitrix/redirect.php?event1=download&event2=hldrv32.zip&goto=/upload/iblock/862/hldrv32.zip

So Problem start when installed and HASP drivers and Anywhere drivers. (But there is no problem with same drivers on WinXP 32bit)

Ok. Tommorow (in Ukraine now 21-00) I try to instal Win2k3 and win2k8 x64 on Hardware PC. Then try to install hasp drivers locally and connect HASP to hardware USB… Then install AnywhereUSB device and connect same key wia LAN.
I will wrote results here…

Hi again!

I install to Physical PC “win2k3 x64”.
Then install Alladin USB-key driver.
Then try to connect Alladin key.
Key was founded by system and all work fine.

Next I install Anywhwere USB drivers\software (v2.60 x64).
Connection to AnywhereUSB was succesfull. I try to connect USBflash-drive - all ok. All work fine.
But when I connect to AnywhereUSB device alladin key - all problem started again - device started reconnection, and after ~ 10 retries we have BlueScreenOfDeath that was called by anywhereusb driver (see attachment).

May you connect to my AnywhereUSB device via internet? You have alladin hasp driver, AnywhereUSB driver, then you may perform wide testing and troubleshooting… Please show me any contact, where I may send to you public IP adress of my device…

I appreciate your offer for me to connect to your AnywhereUSB, but that won’t help us resolve the issue.

What may be helpful is a memory dump, related to that blue screen. Go to System Properties, click the Advanced tab, and then click the Settings button at the bottom in the Startup and Recovery section. Choose Complete Memory Dump in the drop box at the bottom. Then try to re-create the blue screen. Afterwards, upload that file (%SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP) to our FTP site in the main folder (not the support folder).

By the way, is the Win XP physical PC you used running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the OS?

WinXP - 32bit
I have a dump. Now I upload it to ftp…

I attach the log file from config utility. Look to the events. BSOD appeared after 0000008 event. (Illegal FIQ)

BSOD appeared after numerous reconnection to anywhereUSB when HASP key attached to it.
Same BSOD happened and on 2k8 x64 system.
Numbers of reconnections may be various from 8 to 20 and more, but in any case after numerous reconnection we have BSOD.

Uploaded… windows.dmp - in root folder under Austin account…