Prolific USB to Serial Com Port

My project with PICDEM 2 PLUS DEMO BOARD, VC++ in windows 7. For communication with code and PIC board, I used UART/USB cable (USB serial port8). So far , I am able to connect with the PIC board and also able to receive/transmit data. But I want to use the Prolific USB to Serial Com Port. I tried every possible way(found in internet) like to update driver, change port number(initially when I connected with the Prolific cable, it takes the port4 automatically). Place the FTD2XX.dll file. But nothing help me out from this error. Below is the error

Unhandled exception at 0x00316329 in MovingArmProject.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

Here is a snap of my code, where it gives the error…

bool SerialCommunicator::SerialRx(void) {
  //the function to be called by the receiver thread 
  BYTE buf[1024*8];

unsigned int read;

static UINT16 crc;
	static UINT8 ptr_rxd_buffer = 0;
	UINT8 crc1, crc2;
	UINT8 c;

do
	{
		read = port->ReadAvailable(buf,1000); // catch the received bytes, read= nb of received bytes in th buffer buf

for( unsigned int k =0; k0); //end of do/while

return 0;
}

Here the error is given

read = port->ReadAvailable(buf,1000); // catch the received bytes, read= nb of received bytes in th buffer buf

Will be highly grateful If someone helps me out from this. Really in big problem

You could try and contact Prolific directly, I believe they have C++ examples available on request.