Read parameters in cyclic sleep pin-wake

Hi,

I’m working with several S2 xbee device in cyclic sleep pin-wake mode (SM5) to minimize the power consumption of my net.

My configuration is:

• End-Device:
    [ul]
    SM = 5
    SN = A (10)
    SO = 4
    SP = 3E8 (1000)
    ST = 64 (100)
    [/ul]
    Also I have the CTS enabled (DIO7 = 1).

• Coordinator:
    [ul]
    SP = 3E8 (1000)
    SN = A (10)
    [/ul]

But I have problems reading XBee parameters, I can’t read any of them in a short ST.

How can I read any data by AT commands from XBee before it goes to sleep (ST is only 100ms).

Regards.

Hi Alvjorge, Please connect Commissioning button to 20pin.
End Device starts for 30 seconds by pushing once.
Read the chapter of a Commissioning Push button and Associate LED of a manual for details.

Hi,

thanks @Chobichan.

I’m going to try developing your solution.

Although I have to explain a bit more my issue.

It’s important not to need human interaction, it has to be managed by a MCU. This is no problem because I can do it with a digital pin from the MCU.

But the main issue is when xbee is awake for 30 seconds this is too much time only for reading AT parameters, the power consumption will reduce the battery life.

Regards.

If it is when such, I will recommend you not the transparent mode but the API mode.

It seems that it is guard time when going into command mode from the transparent mode that probably becomes a problem.

Since the ST time greatest by setting SO = 6 can be taken, On/Sleep pin is monitored by an external controller, and ST time will be extended, if data is transmitted from DIN before ST time will expire, if pin is asserted.

Thanks Chobichan.

I think tomorrow I will be able to test these two solution:

• Commissioning pin.
  • SO = 6, and play with ST time.

Also I only need to read these values at the begining, so I have to study if it assumable the power consumption of having the xbee awakes for 30 seconds.

Regards.