Send data to XStick from scripts

Hello,

I have a XStick + ConnecPort X2 and I’m doing some tests using the In-Premise display simulator.

As the this tool can only send “Fixed value power” or “Linear energy progression”, I’d like to know if there is some way to communicate with the XStick through scripts (python or else) ?

The idea is to send mode “real life” consumption data to the XStick (so it can then send them to the X2 Gateway).

Would you have any more info on how to do this ?

Also, I did not find in the documentation what field should be used to send this info. Is that possible with AT command or with API ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
Luc

I see a couple potential issues here.

1. The In-Premise Display Simulator is a Windows app, so you’d need to run it from within a Windows emulator on Linux. I haven’t tried running it within WINE, but that would certainly be a good candidate for attempting to do this.

2. The XStick interface uses an FTDI USB-to-serial driver when used in Windows. I believe a Linux counterpart which might work is the ftdi_sio module.

I used to play a Windows game on a RedHat box using WINE. It worked pretty good actually, but since I don’t have that server anymore I can’t test this theories I mentioned above, nor is it an environment Digi supports for this application.

That being said, I wish you the best of luck should you attempt it, and if so I hope you’ll report your results here not only to satisfy my curiosity, but so others can benefit as well.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

In fact, my main concern is to be able to talk to the XStick with a script instead of with In-Premise. I’d like to be able to send real consumption data to the xstick programmatically. I’ll say this is the most urgent part :slight_smile: Then, I’ll do it from a Linux machine.

Would you have any doc / example on how to communicate to the XStick programmatically ?

Thanks for your help.
Luc

The software uses an 802.15.4 XStick from Digi to send and receive data to and from the Arduino user device.

Would you have some example on how to communicate with the XStick using a script (python or else) ?
Can this be done using pyserial module ?

Hi lucj!
Did you find an answer?

In-Premise. I’d like to be able to send real consumption data to the xstick programmatically. Would you have some example on how to communicate with the XStick using a script (python or else) ?