I just started working with the development board about a week ago, I decided to upgrade to the latest firmware from the website, so went through the article on this forum and updated it. Now the module will not boot. I get nothing on the serial port, the OCDemon can’t find the target.
The green LED is on permanently.
I have also tried to read the flash memory using the JTAG booster, but it doesn’t recognise the device(I think this is because it is in ARM debug mode?)
Any ideas as to how I can restore the original U-boot boot loader?
Connect ME -C JTAG
PN: (1P)50000878-04 H
Dev Kit Details:
PN: (1P)50000882-02 Rev. G
Are you working with a NET+OS or LxNETES development kit? What firmware file did you download from our web site? Firmware images for our development kit units are not available off our site, but rather should be compiled with the development kit.
Assuming that you have NET+OS you revive your unit, as follows:
- Build the naftpapp example.
- Load and execute this application via the debugger.
- Connecting to the ME, with your FTP client, upload the src/bsp/platforms/connectme/rom.bin file.
- Once the serial dialog indicates that the unit will be rebooted in 10 seconds exit from teh debugger.
- Reload and execute the naftpapp example, via the debugger.
- Again, using your FTP client, upload the src/examples/naftpapp/32b/image.bin file.
- Once the uploaded image is successfully written into flash the unit will reboot and the naftpapp applicaiton should be started.
- Exit the debugger and power cycle the ME module, it should, again, start the naftpapp example.
thanks for the response. First, I am using the NET+OS dev kit, secondly Idownloaded the folloowing firmware:
Digi Connect ME POST firmware
Digi Connect ME EOS firmware
Digi Connect ME EOS firmware release notes
Right, I started following your instructions, I built naftpapp, but I cannot load it using the debugger, I have a raven, It will not recognise the target, I have confirmed that all the cables are connected correctly, but software will not find the target.
I have also oticed that the green LED that was on has no gone off?
I thought I saw something on the forum or in one of the docs about this but I can’t find it agian.
The files, 82000867_E.bin and 82000856_F5.bin are meant for use with our Digi Connect -S units, which are part of our Integration kit.
You have the development kit, therefore, the information I provided previously pertains.
You should contact the support group for assistance, as this is not the correct forum (no pun intended) for dealing with this debugger related problem.
Support Phone: (952) 912-3456
Support E-mail: http://www.digi.com/support/supportrequest.jsp
I realise now that it not compatible, I thought I would be able to run it does not specify that it is only compatible with the S units, I assumed that since it did't specify it was compatible with the whol family. I should know better than to make an assumption!
Anyway, thanks for the info, I will cotact the support group regarding the debugger problem. Once again thanks for your assistance.