Using a serial port for downloading the .bin programming file into Rabbit

Hi there,

I know that it is possible to use the the serial port for downloading the firmware into the Rabbit using the RFU utility. I am wondering if it’s possible to download the firmware .bin file into the rabbit without the RFU, for example using an .exe interface to communicate with Rabbit and transmit the .bin file. If it’s possible could you please let me know the format of data transmission and and how should I receive the data on the Rabbit side to run it as the new firmware version.

Thanks

Hello, Based on your Rabbit module, you can directly compile application on to the flash. To the best of my knowledge, this is only the other option to download the binary file.

Thank you for your response.

I am more wondering how to compile file in the Rabbit flash memory directly without using the Dynamic C software. It would be great if you can give me some code examples for compiling the file into the flash, while the file is being downloaded via a serial port.

I am sorry,You can directly compile application on to the flash by using the Dynamic C software.You can freely download Dynamic C from Digi website.

Yes, I already have the Dynamic C software to compile the initial program onto it. Later on I need to have the programmed Rabbit on a system in which I will only have access via a serial port (not the programming port) and on-air communication, and I will be required to compile new programs into the Rabbit via these two ways.

Thanks

You should have a look at the RemoteProgramUpdate libraries and sample programs. They might provide the functionality you need. The comments in them reference an application not 421 which provides information on how to use them.

Regards,
Peter

1 Like