Watchport/V3 and Vista drivers

is there any such animal or does this camera simply not work with Vista?

Thanks,
John

The current Watchport/V3 drivers aren’t “officially” supported Vista, meaning that we haven’t specifically designed them to work with Vista and they haven’t been tested by QA for Vista compatibility.

Still, the current drivers seem to behave OK in Vista based on the limited testing we’ve done. Besides a minor bug related to our uninstaller, I’m not aware of any issues.

Are you running into an issue?

thanks for the reply jeremym,

yeah i cant seem to get them to install. maybe i am trying the wrong driver package. can you help me out with a link?

Thanks,
John

Which driver are you trying to install? DirectShow or TWAIN?

Here’s a link to the latest DirectShow driver:
http://ftp1.digi.com/support/driver/40002561_F.exe

And the latest TWAIN driver:
http://ftp1.digi.com/support/driver/40002562_C.exe

The typical installation procedure is to run the .exe above, which extracts contents to “c:\wpimaging” by default. Then, plug in the camera and point it to that folder. Specifically, in Vista, you’d want to choose “Locate and install…” and then “Browse my computer”.

Let me know the steps you’re going through and the error messages you’re running into (if any). In other words, give me details of the issue and we’ll go from there.

The typical installation procedure is to run the .exe above, which extracts contents to “c:\wpimaging” by default. Then, plug in the camera and point it to that folder. Specifically, in Vista, you’d want to choose “Locate and install…” and then “Browse my computer”.

Hello - been having a similar problem; I downloaded the links, expanded the .zip to the default directory, and still can’t get vista (32 bit home edition) to locate the drivers.

I can point the device (recognized correctly as Watchport/V3 2.21) to the folder, but device manager/vista cannot find any drivers.

Inside the folder are (Just trying the directshow driver at this time):
93009345.txt (read me)
ionwpve.cat
ionwpve.inf
ionwv2ds.cat
ionwv2ds.inf
watchport.cab

I have gone into the watchport.cab and extracted those files into c:\WpImaging and still Vista won’t “locate the drivers” in there, even though the readme indicates ionwpv.sys, is the driver.

So, there aren’t any “errors” per se - any suggestion of how otherwise to install the driver manually?

Hello,

Curious, what happens if you try to install the TWAIN driver instead? Extract the TWAIN driver to a different folder (i.e. “c:\wpimaging2”) and point the wizard there instead.

Are you SURE your OS is 32-bit and not 64-bit? You can check this in Control Panel / System.

Please upload the files “setupapi.app” and “setupapi.dev” both from “c:\windows\inf”.