When in command mode (+++) is there a way to buffer incoming data - XTend 900

Hey guys,

So I have two XTend modules hooked up with two separate computers, I have a constant stream of data being sent from one to the other. And i do not wish to lose any data being received.

I have a program running that goes into command mode on the receiving XTend, to retrieve the signal strength. I find that when i go into command mode any data that is sent from the transmitter is ignored or lost.

So my question is, is there a built in buffer to store that data until exiting command mode (ATCN)?

Thanks for the help!

No there is not. As described on page 13 of the manual (http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90000958_G.pdf) The processor on the XTernd can only perform one function at a time. It is as simple as that.

Thanks! I was beating my head against a wall!

Hello,

I have a question which is related to this one: the xTend Manual is not explicit about this:
In order to get into AT command mode, using “+++”, do we have to respect guard time on Rx line as well, I mean, this guard time will be interrupted if a packet is sent to the radio or we just have to have silence on its Tx line?

Thanks,
Daniel