why End device continousely sending data_request to it parents

I am using DIGI SMT module and I have configure it as Enddevice and I have made the network of 4 router +4 end device and one coordinator.

• I have bind the End device with router by writting the SH and SL of router to end device DH and DL and same done in to router…

• But as I seen in to sniffer … End device every time sending data request to it parent continousely …

• you can see the sniffer screen shot in to attached document along with this mail…

• Why this end device continousely sending data_request to it paranet at every 5 to 10 second interval…

• I have attached the RF parameter setting of End device along with this post forum…

A few things.

By default, the Xbee end-devcie MUST poll the parent every 100msec because the PO (P-Oh, not P-zero) setting is a default of 0.

This is the nature of ZigBee - one cannot talk to an end-device; one talks to the parent as proxy and the parent buffers the data waiting for the end-devcie to poll the parent.

Therefore, end-devices when awake are very chatty, sending at least 10 packets per second. I see your ST=65535, which means the devices are always awake. Your SN/SP of 1x200 is shorter than ST, so your devcie should never sleep. Normally, if I has Sn/Sp or 1x200 (so wake every 2 seconds), I would probably set ST to 200 so the end-device is only awake for 200msec, plus cut the PO to be maybe 5 so it can poll the parent 4 or 5 times before sleeping.

I always set fully awake Xbee to run as routers as then they are quiet and don’t talk unless they need to say something.