X-CTU 5.2.8.6 READS XB24C BUT XCTU 6.3.5 WILL NOT. WHY?

Using S2C XBee module and Sparkfun USB Adapter with Reset switch. The Legacy version 5.2.8.6 will read and write to the XBee module provided I first Reset the XBee module with the adapter onboard switch. The XCTU version 6.3.5 program will not find the XBee module. Using the Legacy X-CTU program I set the module to “Coordinator” when I first was able to read the XBee module using Legacy software and also updated the firmware.
However, the only way I can read the module is through Legacy software and resetting module when requested to. Not sure what is going on. I changed the default settings for sleep mode, but when in coordinator mode, it no longer sleeps I thought.

The newer version of XCTU probably does not have the firmware in its library.

No when CE is set to 1, the module will not sleep.

XCTU 6x requires the use of the hardware flow control lines in order to discover, read and write firmware to the module where as the 5x version only uses these lines if it is unable to enter command mode via AT commands.

I did a dumb thing, changed the default “Command Mode” character in preferences. And did not realize it also had to be changed in the XBee. A senior moment!

I did a dumb thing, changed the default “Command Mode” character in preferences. And did not realize it also had to be changed in the XBee. A senior moment!

Glad to hear that you got it resolved.