XB S1 vs. Pro S2B

Complete newbie so please bear with me

I have a sample application that was setup using XB S1 modules but when we did the production design we chose XBee Pro S2C modules.

Now that I am trying to load the application I’m finding that it does not work with the S2C modules.

In looking at the firmware the S1’s Function Set is configured as XBee 802.15.4 Whereas the S2C’s come out of the box as Zigbee Router API.

So if I want the S2C’s to act the same as the S1’s what firmware would I load? Or is my problem entirely different?

Thank you,

DougM

These are actually two different products with different rolls and options.

If you are looking for a simple point to point connection with the capability of streaming data at up to 80kbps, you must use the XBee 802.15.4 modules.

If you are looking for a network where you can have a Mesh network where some nodes are acting a repeater or routers to get data to nodes that are out of range, then you want the XBee S2C ZB product.

Can you make the S2C function as a Point to point connection, you can. Just configure one as a Coordinator (CE1) and then set the addressing of both are pointed to each other.