Xbee one transmitter and Multiple Receiver

Hi,
can anyone help me to give XCTU settings as I want to send one string using microcontroller from one Xbee as transmitter to multiple Xbee as receivers (connected to other microcontrollers) without any delay and string received by all xbees at same time.

I have already tried to program xbees in transparent mode as broadcast message but I am having delay in sending string (around 5 seconds) and strings received is broken.

If any one know better method please suggest the XCTU settings.
If this can be programmed in API mode then please suggest all setting for transmitter and receiver as I am unable to program and use Xbees in API mode because I think I am still not sure about API mode working.

Please suggest settings as my main code is based upon this. without data transmission I am unable to proceed as microcontroller only response after receiving data from xbees.

Thank you.

Hi,

I don’t really know why you are having that delay and the message received is broken, but the broadcast message is the best solution to achieve what you want.

If you are using ZigBee modules, remember that one of them must be the coordinator and the rest can be routers or end devices. To change the role of an XBee you have to update its firmware.

Once you have a coordinator and other routers/end devices, all of these have to be in the same network, so their ID and SC settings must be the same.

To send a broadcast message, the DH setting of the sender should be 0 and the DL should be FFFF. With this configuration and working in transparent mode, what you write in the console of the sender will be sent to all devices on the same network.

Hope this helps.
Regards.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

But I have already tried the settings that you have suggested means I have configured coordinator in AT mode as broadcasting message to routers. But after 5 sec, coordinator goes to sleep ad then again wake up.

But when I try to send message from router to coordinator or other router then transmission is very smooth.

Is it possible that I broadcast my message through router. Means router send message to coordinator and other routers at the same time. If possible please suggest settings.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

But I have already tried the settings that you have suggested means I have configured coordinator in AT mode as broadcasting message to routers. But after 5 sec, coordinator goes to sleep ad then again wake up.

But when I try to send message from router to coordinator or other router then transmission is very smooth.

Is it possible that I broadcast my message through router. Means router send message to coordinator and other routers at the same time. If possible please suggest settings.

Thanks.

That is not the coordinator going to sleep, but the required latency between Broadcast packets which is needed to allow for the data to be retransmitted and propagate throughout the network.