XBEE-PRO COORDINATOR: RF WORKING: CAN NOT ACCESS VIA USB! STUCK!

CHUCK MINTON

Hello all, new to this forum.
I am running 2 XBP24-ZBD’s on two separate USB adapter boards ( made by Parallax). I have written to both, and have set them up as 1)coordinator, and 2) router. Running X-CTU (Version 5.1.4.1). Running XP.

It appears I mistakenly updated firmware to API and not AT. So, now I can no longer communicate to computer via USB port to coordinator.

Are we supposed to be able to communicate on USB port, if in API mode???
I get loop back test 100% from router.
I get nothing from Coordinator because coordinator can not open port to computer.

Coordinator can not enter command mode

When try to read: response:
Failed to enter command mode
Unable to read Version (ATVR)
Read parameters…Failed.

On PC Settings>>test query, I get a box that says:

" Communication with modem . OK
Modem type=Name unknown (ID=4294967248-1073741809)
Modem firmware version= "

I have tried all baud rates, I have seen on other forum Q’s others suggest giving a reset just after “write” or during the “waiting for modem reset” period. I have un-plugged the unit. I have swapped usb cables. I have swapped the USB adapter boards. All this over and over.

Any one have an Idea on this, I need help with this interface.

Thanks,
Chuck

FOUND THE PROBLEM*********
So simple, I wonder how may people wasted an hour here:

In PC Setup>>Host Setup>>:
both buttons need to be checked: Enable API, and Use Escape Characters[ATAP=2].

NOW ALL WORKS. Too bad there is not a manual(quick start style), for X-CTU!

SPOKE TOO SOON!

Was able to read . Tried to reset to AT coordinator. Now failed. Can not read or write either AT or API!

STUCK AGAIN!

HELP!

Now found the real problem************ at last with the suggestion of our Digi team, I tried a different computer and found success. The problem seems to lie in the USB port speed. Most equipment is not dead on freq. and if one leans one way and the other piece of equipment tends the other direction in freq, then there may be a Baud incompatibility.

So, my suggestion now: If you have two units (X-Bee’s) and one works and the other doesn’t (and you are using USB interface) … try a different computer…or two. This only seems to be a problem during programming, and does not seem to be a problem during normal sending an receiving of data.