XBee-PRO DigiMesh S1

Hello everybody,

I’m trying to configure these XBee-PRO DigiMesh S1 modules to communicate point-to-point in transparent mode (AT). I have configured max power and destination addresses. Both are as standard routers.

Using XCTU I can communicate within the console and do the test range with 100% success. However, when I put it to replace a serial communication working at 115200, 10bytes are sent every 25ms. I can not get a reliable communication, I am losing many packages on the receiver module.

Is this a problem of configuration? What can I do?

Thanks.

No, there is not an issue with the configurtion so much as it is you are over loading the system. You see Mesh is not designed for streming data over a point to point connection at high speeds. Mesh is designed for sending Small amounts of data every once in a while where Large Latencies can be supported.

For what you are doing, I would suggest loading the 802.15.4 firmware back on the two modules. Configure them as you have done here for point to point communications but also use hardware flow control. I think you will be much happier with your results.