XBee3 LTE-M UBLOX modem not responding

I am working with an XBee3 Cellular LTE-M module. I have been using it for the past 4 or 5 months. I stopped working on it for about a month and when I went back to use it again, the U-blox modem was not responding. I can connect to the module using the XCTU software and can communicate with the device in command mode. However in the Radio Configuration screen of the XCTU software, none of the fields in the “Cellular” section are populated. Additionally, I cannot communicate with the U-blox modem using the U-blox AT commands in Transparent Mode or in Bypass mode.

Has anyone seen this? I only have the one module and have ordered more, however, if this is behavior that people have seen before and have been able to recover from it, I would be interested to hear how they did so.

1 Like

I have a few modems failed at the same way. Anyone know how to fix them?

If you haven’t done so, please contact Digi Technical Support with a description of the issue (you can copy and past your description).

Email: tech.support@digi.com

Digi will respond to you within 24 hours.

This is likely the known u-blox firmware housekeeping issue that Digi was very recently made aware of and is urgently working to solve. Please see the technical support knowledge base page for additional details and instructions for updating firmware. Unresponsive devices will need to be returned to Digi through the RMA process.

2 Likes