xig on router (ASUS wl500gP running busybox and Oleg's firmware)

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to deploy xig on mipsel router ASUS wl500gP running Oleg’s firmware (busybox linux). I’ve got Python 2.7 on it, I downloaded xig from xig.googlecode.com and run “python2 xig.py”. The scripts starts doing something as per installation instructions and screenshots, but hangs after showing me my IP address. Strangerly enough, same happens with Windows execs on Win7 machine. Both scripts don’t throw any errors, they just don’t do anything after IP discovery (seemingly).
I’d appreciate any guidance on troubleshooting, I know some people were successful in this with OpenWRT firmware, I want to accomplish it on Oleg’s one.

Thanks in advance!

Just to clarify, you’re doing the Windows install per the online instructions (http://code.google.com/p/xig/wiki/Windows_Installation) and that’s hanging for you?

If so, could you tell us about your IP network in case it’s something to do with that?

Hello Robert (I guess:-)),

I’ve got a PC behind a router, but when I got this problem I also tried to bypass router with no luck. I believe I can’t tell more - any specifics you wan’t me to test (i.e. ping an IP, tracert, port onen/not)? Please let me know how I can help to troubleshoot.

Thanks!
P.S. Yes, I did everything per guide

Since you seem like an adept Linux user may we trouble you with two items?

1. Could you move the conversation over to the XIG list (https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/xbee-internet-gateway)

2. Could you perhaps collect a tcpdump network trace and paste the output buffer? We’d love to see how far the startup is getting and if it’s attempting to contact the outside world.

Jordan

Hi jordanh,

1. I can’t find any controls to do so <- nevermind, I thought it was just a thread on this forum. Will do.
  2. I’ll try to find a step-by-step on how to do that. I’m a Windows guy, just having fun with by little linux box :slight_smile: Will let you know how it goes.