Zigbee network setup for transmission from End module to Coordinator via non polling router

I am trying to setup a cluster-tree with 3 xbee 865 (S8), with nodes configured as 1 - Coordinator (API mode) 1 - Standard Router (API mode) 1 - Non Routing Module

I want network to setup such that, Communication between the coordinator and the non-routing module always takes via standard router (even if the devices are kept in range.)

What steps must be carried out to setup such a network??

Can such a network be setup without micro-controller, using xctu software only?? what steps??

How do i ensure that the data transfer between the coordinator (to and fro) is done via router only??? (as all 3 are in the range, my attempts have resulted to transmission of data between the coordinator and the module directly, bypassing the router).

You can’t. A Digi Mesh network will always take the shortest way possible to get the data from Point A to point C.

1 Like

I thought in DigiMesh, there are only Routers. There is no Coordinator nor End-Device. How can you still make Coordinator? I’m a newbie and I’m confused.

Is this possible in DigiMesh:

1. Configure to have a Coordinator and Router.
  2. Make Router joins the network.
  3. Disable joining on the Coordinator to force any End-Device to join the network must join via Router only. That way, data transfer between Coordinator and End-Device must go through Router.

I thought in DigiMesh, there are only Routers. There is no Coordinator nor End-Device. How can you still make Coordinator? I’m a newbie and I’m confused.

Is this possible in DigiMesh:

1. Configure to have a Coordinator and Router.
  2. Make Router joins the network.
  3. Disable joining on the Coordinator to force any End-Device to join the network must join via Router only. That way, data transfer between Coordinator and End-Device must go through Router.
  1. Yes it is possible. Using XCTU software. Configure ‘CE’ field.

2. If a module running digimesh protocol is used, the module automatically joins the network if the PAN-ID are same. (i have xbee 865. check the protocol of your module here: http://www.digi.com/lp/xbee)

3. Configure the module as ‘non-routing coordinator’. This can be done using XCTU software, ‘CE’ field.

1. Yes it is possible. Using XCTU software. Configure ‘CE’ field.

2. If a module running digimesh protocol is used, the module automatically joins the network if the PAN-ID are same. (i have xbee 865. check the protocol of your module here: http://www.digi.com/lp/xbee)

3. Configure the module as ‘non-routing coordinator’. This can be done using XCTU software, ‘CE’ field.