A simple Mesh question??

Hi all,
I’m just wondering if what I"m doing is right.
I’ve got 4 XBee Pro S2B’s one as a coordinator and the other 3 as routers.

What I want to do is have a mesh network where all the data eventually makes it’s way back to the coordinators.
It’s for a GPS lap tracking program I’ve built.

What my current thinking process is that I put a router node in each bike on track and when one gets out of range of the coordinator it would send the data through another router who would be in range of the coordinator.

So my question is, will this work? Or is there some settings I need to change to allow this to work. I did try yesterday and it didn’t seem to work, even with another router being in range of the coordinator.

Thanks.

Did you set all of the nodes as Routers or are some end devices? Did you set any of their addressing functions?

I’ve got 2 as routers and one as a coordinator at the moment.
I made sure all of their PAN ID’s were the same, I didn’t set any other addressing.

The reason I didn’t want to go with end devices as from what I understand these won’t have data going through them when another device it out of range.

I was using AT firmware but have since changed to API as the data was getting scrambled in AT mode when I had more than one unit sending at a time. API has fixed this.

I am glad to hear that you got it figured out.