Cannot connect USB Board XBee to ConnectPortX4

I have the ConnectPortX4 ZNet 2.5 Ethernet development kit.I was running the example in the X4 start-up kit and had the wall router, the L/T sensor and the USB board connected to the ConnectPortX4 running fine. The USB board suddenly dropped from the network. On the USB board, the LED lights were no longer flashing.

I cannot get the USB board XBee to connect. I tried 2 other XBees I have and another USB board. I thought there could be a PAN ID problem, and set the PANID on the board XBee to 0xFFFF to let it try to join any PAN but this didn’t work either.

The wall router and sensor connect just fine.

I am unable to use the Device Manager in the iDigi platform at my office. I think this is most likely due to a port being blocked.

Any ideas?

“I cannot get the USB board XBee to connect. I tried 2 other XBees I have and another USB board. I thought there could be a PAN ID problem, and set the PANID on the board XBee to 0xFFFF to let it try to join any PAN but this didn’t work either.”

Did the other USB board or other two modules connect?

No they didn’t.

I have tried 2 different cables on 2 ports on my laptop and also on my workstation. I can get the XBees to talk to each other with no problem. It is getting the gateway to see them

Could your USB controller have gone out or maybe the USB cable itself? This would make sense if neither USB board worked. Have you tried it on a USB port on another laptop or PC?

Ahh, getting the CP-X4 gateway to see them?

Check to ensure the PAN ID on the modules is set the same as the PAN ID on the embedded XBee in your CP-X4. If everything is on the same PAN ID, check to see what channels the modules and the CP-X embedded module are using.

If incorrect, your best bet would be to set the PAN IDs of your modules to match the PAN ID in use by the CP-X’s module, then ATNR0 the modules til they pop up on the CP-X Network View of the XBee Devices screen.