Compatible Grove Sensors for XBee-PRO 900HP DigiMesh Kit

I purchased a XBee-PRO 900HP DigiMesh Kit which comes with 3 XBee RF modules and 3 XBee Grove Development boards. I can communicate between the XBee modules just fine, I can send broadcasts and get back ACKs from remote XBee modules. Now I’m trying to attach a purchased Grove sensor to an XBee module in order to create a sensor network, and this kit was advertised to support Grove style sensors.

I purchased and connected a Grove Temperature/Humidity sensor v 1.3 AM2302. However, the sensor only reads a high value of 1023 on analog input or IOValue.HIGH on digital input. I’ve messed around with different pull-up/pull-down resistor parameters like PR and PD with no success. Tech support said the type of Grove sensors I have are not supported by this XBee kit because they are ‘bi-directional’ serial interfaces and so now I’m trying to find compatible Grove sensors and for the life of me I cannot find any. I understand that I can use a micro-controller like Arduino as an intermediary but I’m trying to create a simple sensor network with just Grove sensors.

Could someone help me with either getting the Grove sensor I already have to properly read data or point me to compatible Grove sensors so I can get my sensor network up and running!

Thanks! Any help is greatly appreciated!