detecting Digi connect me module

Hi,

I tried to use the module by connecting +3.3V to pin 15 and Ground to pin 16. Connected the module to Ethernet Hub via RJ 45 cable.The amber light was ON, when tried to detect the module by discovery, the green LEd flashe couple of times and displayed a message “No Device Found”

Plz let me know how to use the module without integration kit.

Regards

Harnam

Hello,

normally there should be no problem - I also build my own layout with a LM 1086 (+3,3V) - so I use it without the integration kit - and there are no problems - perhaps it could be that the voltage brokes down …
In my case I made a layout to send alarm mails by detecting the alarms over the gpio-pins and there are no problems!
So look at the risetime of your voltage/then look if the voltage is in the tolerance - then it should work!

Thank you Sir

I build up the supply by using LM1086 CT and adjusted for +3.3Volts. I also observed that the LM1086 CT is
getting hot.

Can you suggest me how did you designed your board
and what connectors you used? I will be grateful if you could give me the drawing so that I can also venture
Digi Connect Me.

Regards.

Harnam

Hello,

yes - I took the same Voltage regulator (LM1086CT) - I supplyed it with 6.5Volts so it’s only getting warm - so there should be no problem!
Sorry I can’t find the layout any more - but it was a very simple layout - only the voltage regulator - a power supply connector and the connector for the digi module - thats a vertical 2 row 20way connector (M50-3001022:Socket) - i ordered it by farnell (its an Europe/US distributor)
I hope this information helps you - nice wishes from austria

cyberice

Thanks

I will build the supply again and procure the connectors.
Have you accessed the module from internet ?
Indeed, I am intrested to use this module to access the devices from the internet. Is it possible ?

Regards
Harnam

Hello!
Yes - I’ve accessed the module from the internet - it’s no problem with the integration kit - you also can san mails or make your own http server so be able to change the settings!
Currently I’m working with the development kit - and there are lots off problems to get the module online back again … if you’re interested you only have to read my other messages!
Regards
cyberice

Hi Salzburg!

Is it possible to access the internet without integration kit ?

Regards
Harnam

Do you mean only with the Digi Connect ME Module?
You only have to connect it to the ethernet and 10sec later the module is online! And you don’t need the integration kit to do this you only need the Module!

Regards
Cyberice

Hi !

Thanx

My question was can I access the module through internet
from other location by assigning the IP Number ?
what is the correct procedure ? Is it neccessary to register a domain name with the DNS ?With whom IP address is required to be registered to access the module
through dial up/broadband ?

Regards

Harnam

Hi!

Yes you can access the module through internet - the only thing you should know is the IP Adress!
To get it online you need a normal internet connection like one for a PC - to get IP/Gateway/… preferred connection is broadband because there you have the right connector (RJ-45) you need! Then your Digi Module is in the WWW!

Regards,

Cyberice