Difference between AnywhereUSB/2 and AnywhereUSB/5

Hi
I have written a small application based on the sample code in your AnywhereUSB API code. It works just fine with the 5 port hub but the disconnect (cancel) function does not work correctly on the 2 port hub.

After issuing a AWUsbDisconnect I get a status of “Success”. However, a subsequent staus check says that the hub is “In Use” and connected to 0.0.0.0

From this point on I can’t connect - In Use - or disconnect because it is “Not connected”. I can only resolve this via a reboot of the hub.

Any idea what might be going wrong?

Thanks
Geoff

PS
The firmware on the 2 port hub is V1.27.586

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the detailed info.

The AnywhereUSB API that we currently offer was designed for the AnywhereUSB/5 so it’s not surprising that you’re running into an issue when trying to use it with the newer AnywhereUSB/2.

Still, I’ll run this by engineering to get some feedback. I’ll let you know when I get more info.

Hi Jeremy

I have just about finished my app and but I am still keen to get it working on the AnyWhereUSB/2 as that is better suited to our requirements.

If anyone is interested in a little end-user app that allows status checking, connection and disconnection, without giving access to powerful features like Reboot, please let me know.

Regards
Geoff

Hi Jeremy

I have hit another problem with this API; I can’t get it to work across sub-nets. Is there any chance of getting hold of a more up-to-date and comprehensive API? If not, then I think that I will just have to abandon this project.

Thanks
Geoff

Geoff,

What Operating System are you running?

Hi

I am currently using Windows XP and Server 2003.

Geoff

Hi Jeremy

Both of my problems have now been fixed. The disconnect problem with the AnywhereUSB/2 was fixed by a firmware upgrade, and the subnet issue by a new API. Thanks go to Damian at Digi.

Can you post these files somewhere for other people to access or shall I just attach them?

Thanks
Geoff

I’ll archive them somewhere but please also attach them here, along with any instructions you may have.

Thanks for doing this, and thanks for your patience while we got this straightened out!

Ok, no problem. The attached zip file contains 3 file: AwUSBAPI.lib, AwUSBAPI.dll and 82002116_B.dwn

The firmware update is easily applied using the Web interface to the 2-port AnyWhereUSB hub.

All the best
Geoff