Error installing USB anywhere concentrator in Windows 2003 R2

After I install the Drivers for USB Anywhere, I get stuck on windows Found New Hardware wizard. It can not find the drivers necessary to install the USB Anywhere concentrator. I am working in a VM on ESX 3.1 The VM is Windows 2003 R2.

Where would I point the wizard to to find the necessary .inf files?

You should choose “Install the software automatically (recommended)”.

Unfortunately, I tried that long before writing the first request for help.

The error message I receive is as follows:

Cannot Install this Hardware

The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software.

If a drive was provided, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for 32-bit systems. If you do not have an appropriate driver, contact the device manufacturer.

Are you running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows Server 2003 R2?

I am running the 32 bit version of windows 2003

I’ll reply to your webportal support request.

Hi!

I have the same trouble when I installed the Drivers for USB Anywhere ver. 2.70 or 2.90 32bit in virtual Windows 2003 Server R2 (running in Hyper-V).
Help me fix this problem, please.

PS: In virtual Windows 2008 Server (running in Hyper-V) it’s working fine. In the physical Windows 2003 Server R2 it’s working fine too.

Hi there,

Do you have the file “usbd.sys” in the system32\drivers folder, on the Server 2003 R2 Hyper-V virtual machine?

Thank you for a hint!
The trouble has being fixed by copying the file usbd.sys from C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386\driver.cab to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers