finding comm settings help

I recently bought some xbee series 1 modules off of Ebay. I am sure that the are XB24 type. They seem to have been configured for API mode but I want to reset them to default. I cant get the communication settings right so the modem will not communicate to be able to flash the firmware. when I check the API mode then I can get it where the modem is connected but I do not get the type or firmware information.
I have been looking around all day to find an answer, but I have come up empty. Is there any way to find out what the comm settings are so I dont have to go through the hundreds of different settings individually? Or a way to flash the firmware with the API option checked?

Thanks for any help.

Have you tried the suggestions in the FAQ? (See pinned posts.)

I have searched slot of different posts and websites. I have come up with nothing. One question though… Am I able to do what I am trying to do with using an arduino UNO and a xbee shield?

> I have searched slot of different posts and websites. I have come up with nothing.

Hm. To be fair, that doesn’t actually answer the question that I asked… :slight_smile:

Yes I have tried the suggestions used in the FAQ.

Ok, let’s try to get this a bit further.

In your second post you said:
> Am I able to do what I am trying to do with using an arduino UNO and a xbee shield?

Well, if you’re trying to reflash the XBees to get them to a known state, maybe or maybe not. To reflash an XBee from X-CTU you need to have more lines connected than the bare minimum for normal operation. It’s described in the FAQ, and - yes - I do realise that you’ve read that.

I don’t know whether the setup you have provides all the necessary lines. If it doesn’t, that could explain the problem.

Failing that:

On the underside of your XBees there’s a label with various bits of information. Picking an XBee at random from my spares box, I see in there “XBP24-AWI 001 revB”.

Your XBees will have something similar, though probably not the same. Could you post whatever it is that they do have, for each of your XBees?

If you can provide this information it might give something else to go on.

And any other information on what you’re trying to do would be useful. The more information you can provide, the easier it is to help.