HTML-to-C Compiler vs AWS + PBuilder

Hello,
I’m a newbie and I have just bought the Digi Jump Start kit for Digi Connect ME module.
I have read the documentation and I have found two way to use HTML pages and C code : HTML-to-C compiler and AWA (Advanced Web Server) toolkit + PBuilder.
What are the differences ?

Thanks,
Paolo

The html-to-c also known as the basic web server (BWS) is being retired. Thus I highly recommend the use of the advanced web server (AWS).

What does it mean “is being retired” ? I have found it in the Jump Start Kit.

Best regards,
Paolo

What version jump start kit do you have?

Either way, long term you are better off getting started with the AWS.

Where I can get the version ? I have bought it last week !

Best regards,
Paolo

You undoubtedly have received a V7.4 JSK. Also you probably did not register the kit because if you had, Digi would have made an upgrade to V7.5 available to you. I haev just finished checked the V7.5 release and there is no mention of the BWS in the documentation or the example applications.

Thus I would advise you register your JSK and upgrade to V7.5. At that point your decision will have been made for you.

I have registered my kit and I have received a confirmation email about it but there aren’t any information about upgrade. How can I upgrade my kit ?

Best regards,
Paolo

I also have registered kit (for a year) but I also have another not registered 8-). And I also dont received 7.5. But like BWS because is stupid simply and AJAX can run on BWS (with simply modification)…

I have received an email from Digi with a download link for new version 7.5. I have downloaded it. I will try it.

Best regards,
Paolo

What does it mean “is being retired” ? I have found it in the Jump Start Kit.

I have registered my kit and I have received a confirmation email about it but there aren’t any information about upgrade. How can I upgrade my kit ?