I can't use DIO line passing on xbp24-Z7SIT-004J, is it normal?

Hello

I’ve configured a few XB24-ASI-001 (one as coordinator, 3 as endpoint). On the coordinator I’ve got a signal on pin20 and when it changes it sends a signal to the other endpoints , which makes it activate pin20 aswell. (using digital inputs and digital outputs)

It was rather easy, a few options and I had exactly what I needed, a signal relayed from one xbee to the other 3 so I could turn on a flashing light somewhere far.

I did have an issue, the signal strenght wasn’t good enough and it wouldn’t always work, even with high gain antennas.

I so decided to buy a high power extended range xbee: XBP24-Z7SIT-004J.

To my surprise, settings weren’t the same at all. I’ve been toying for a few days with firmwares and settings but I cannot manage to use what seems to be “Line passing” (relaying a high/low pin to other xbees).

I’ve gone thru google and datasheets many times, and it seems it could be that this series 2 pro xbee doesn’t have that option, to relay a digital input on one xbee to a digital output onto the others.

Is it possible? Am I doing something wrong?

If it’s not possible to do that with this xbee, is there any high power long range xbee I can use with RP-SMA connector to add my high gain antenna?

Thanks so much in advance for whoever reads this, and have a good day.

ps: I’m using AT command mode (AT coordinator and AT router/endpoint), and I’ve managed to establish communication using XCTU’s console. It’s just the other thing that doesn’t work.

XB24-ASI-001 is an XBee 802.15.4 Series 1 module. XBP24-Z7SIT-004J is XBee-PRO ZB S2B module.

These modules use different types of firmware and run two different types of networks and are not compatible with each other.

See this link for a detailed explanation of the differences between the two http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl?id=2213.

There are extended range Series 1 modules. See this link http://www.digi.com/products/wireless-wired-embedded-solutions/zigbee-rf-modules/point-multipoint-rfmodules/xbee-series1-module#models.

1 Like

That is correct. The XBee ZB modules you are using do NOT support DIO line passing like the XBee 802.15.4 nodules do.

1 Like

Thanks for your time, kind of a disappointment but it’s ok I guess, I will find another use for them with some MCU. Have a good day all of you.