Issues getting 2 Xbees to Communicate in simple setup

Trying to get 2 XbeePro modules to communicate. One is Xbee pro S1 and the other is XbeePro.
the PRO is XBP24-ACI as is the PRO S1. I don’t know much about XBee, is it possible the XBEE PRO and XBEE PRO S1 are non-compatible???
CONFIGURATION #1 (imgr)
CONFIGURATION #2 (imgr)
They are both being setup with the factory default config. then I go and modify PAN ID to 1999:

(CH)CH=0
(ID)PAN ID=1999
(MY)Source Address = 0
(DL)Destination Low = 0
(BD)BaudRate = 3 (9600)

I have one hooked to the PC via a USB adaptor,
and the other is hooked to a breadboard with pin1 to 3.3v, pin10 to ground, and pin2(Dout) attached to Pin3(Din) to make it an ECHO of whatever it recieves.

In the X-CTU terminal I’ve tried to do the following to detect the breadboard node:

+++OK
ATCH
ATID1999
OK
ATRE
OK
ATWR
OK
ATND

Just curious what I’m missing / incorrectly setting for the module to detect the other

XBee and XBee PRO radios of same series are compatible with each other.
Try setting SC to maximum to scan all channels.

And how do I do that? I can see ATSC is set to 1FFE, but in X-CTU’s modem config I don’t see which value to set or what “maximum” value is. is it 1FFF,FFFF? a wee bit more detail would be excellent

Just ensure they both have the same value. XCTU hints you for the maximum value allowed, tough.

Hello jambox5,

If CH returns 0 it means that the module is not connected. Check your parameters and/or paste here the XCTU’s profiles. Best regards,

Sebastián.-

It looks like I got past this now