malloc, calloc, free causing ERROR L1102 in Codewarrior

I get a L1102 link error (Out of allocation space in segment HIGH_RAM) if I use malloc, calloc, or free. I have rebuilt the OS and reinstalled Codewarrior & the Digi development software so this appears to be broken “out of the box”. Is there a fix or is this just another “feature” of the XBEE development environment?

I should have stipulated that if I comment out the malloc/calloc/free statement, the program compiles without error and plenty of space still indicated in the .map file.

Update: I am pursuing this issue on NXPs CW for MPU forum site where there is a more active coding community. Look for keywords L1102, malloc, and Digi.

That means that something you have defined for use in Ram is exceeding the size of the modules RAM.

Sorry. I should have specified that there is plenty of RAM and the code compiles and links fine if I comment out the malloc/calloc/free.

That is what I am saying. The part of the code where you have the Malloc is not being allocated properly and is using up all of the ram.