Measure RSSI value of packet received using Programable XBee-Pro(XBP24BZ7)

I am using Programmable XBee-Pro(XBP24BZ7). Can any one tell me how to know the RSSI value of packet received.
Please give any sample code to program it.or any other method like via AT command DB.
but problem with AT command is that am unable to enter in command mode via ‘+++’ on terminal.
so please give any sample code via which i can know the RSSI value of Packet Received

Hi,

Is that module in AT or API mode?

If the module is in API mode, you can use API frame, AT command (frame type - 0x08).

Regards!

HELLO,

Currently function set of my module is ZIGBEE COORDINATOR AT.
But i can change it.Ultimately somehow i want know the RSSI value of packet received on the module.
and please elaborate the second line.I Didn’t understand.Actually i am new in this.Sorry :slight_smile:

RSSI i.e. received signal strength indicator. It can be directly known to users through wireless networking. I t can be known by an internal ADC and the resulting codes directly available, through peripheral or internal processor bus.

HELLO,
I AM READING XBEE-PRO MANUAL.ON WHICH I SAW THIS EXAMPLE ON PAGE 98.ONE DOUBT IN THIS EXAMPLE. HERE HOW WE CONVERT ‘-84’ INTO '0xAC’EXAMPLE GIVEN BELOW.CAN ANYBODY EXPLAIN ME.

Example 2: Calculate the PWM counts for a packet received with an RSSI of -84dBm.
RSSI = -84 = 0xAC = 172 decimal (unsigned)
PWM counts = (41 * 172) - 5928
PWM counts = 1124
With a total of 2400 counts, this yields an ON time of (1124 / 2400) = 46.8%

Hi shashi, 0xAC is the two-compliment of 84, so it’s -84 in binary.

However, you may send AT command DB and check it’s response to know RSSI. I might have some piece of code somewhere in which this is done; let me know if you need it.

Hello Sebastian,
Can you please put your code. I want to measure the RSSI by running a sketch on the Arduino. I tried to convert the output of the pin6 to the dbm, but I don’t know if I have exact values. I know that ATDB command gives the RSSI, but if there is a code, it will be helpful.
Thank you in advance.

Hello maha,

The latest Programmable XBee SDK has an example on how to read the value of any AT parameter. Find it here

Best regards,