Mesh networking capabilities

Hi,
I bought a XBee ZNet 2.5 ZigBee Mesh development kit and I have been testing the modules according to getting started guide, the result of the Node discovery and range test were OK, but I couldn’t observed the mesh networking capabilities, What must be the configuration of the router/end device that I must power on between the coordinator and the out of range Router/end device to reestablish the communications?

Then, I have other question: What parameter I must change to configurate a module XBee-Serie 2 like End device? for example If I have a PAN with a Coordinator and a Router/End Device joined to this PAN, how can I configurate a module for it is joined to PAN like end device of the router?

Thank you in advance for your help

Best regards

Yury Sanjuan

Yury,

Make sure you’re using ZB firmware instead of Znet 2.5 (obsolete). With ZB firmware you can specify ‘router’ or ‘end devices’. You can do this from XCTU -> modem configuration. Set Modem:XBEE’ to XB24-ZB and ‘function set’ to ‘Zigbee end device AT’.

Hello,

Thank you for your help, I did the update of the firmware to converted the ZNet modules in ZB Modules and now I can configurate the module like coordinator, router or end device, and I could verify the mesh networking capabilities.

But I have a question: How can I join a end device to a specific router?

thank you in advance for your help

Best regards

Yury Sanjuan

One way to accomplish this is to set NJ=0 on the Coordinator and all routers on the wireless network, then NJ > 0 on the router you want your end device to join. Using this method allows joining only to the router you desire.

ok thank you for your help

I will be testing the modules according to the recomendations.

Best Regards