Network with 2 xbee coordinators at the same time

Hello everyone! I want to develop a network via xbees series2. My issue is that i want to use 2 xbees as coordinators at the same time. My network will have 2 coordinators, 2 routers and 3 end nodes. I want data from two of the end nodes go to one of the coordinators(coordinator1) only via routers and the data from the 3rd end node go to the other coordinator(coordinator2) via my xbee routers. The channel and the panID for all xbees i want to be the same. Is this possible with xbees series2 and how?

A coordinator is a router that also starts the network. There can be only one coordinator in a Zigbee network. You would need to set the other destination radio to be a router.
You can still have the communication you are asking for easily by setting your destination address (DH & DL) on your end nodes to the serial number (SH & SL) of the intended destination.

1 Like

Essentially, i’ll use the AODV method. As i understand i could set it also as end device if i dont want to take data from the 2 remaining end nodes in case the routers stop and then take the data from an arduino as example. But i have one more question. If i set as end node’s destination address(DH/DL) the 64-bit adress of the other end node(where i want to take the data) and data have to pass via another router, what DH/DL i have to set at the router?if i let them blank(without DH/DL) is it possible to work?

Essentially, i’ll use the AODV method. As i understand i could set it also as end device if i dont want to take data from the 2 remaining end nodes in case the routers stop and then take the data from an arduino as example. But i have one more question. If i set as end node’s destination address(DH/DL) the 64-bit adress of the other end node(where i want to take the data) and data have to pass via another router, what DH/DL i have to set at the router?if i let them blank(without DH/DL) is it possible to work?

The Zigbee network will automatically relay messages to the specified destination (DH, DL) Any router on the network (same PAN ID) will relay data along the network to the destination. You will not need to set any special DH and DL on nodes that are passing on the messages (The DH and DL are just where the node will send traffic that it receives from its UART.)