Problem to start device in windows server 2012

Host: windows server 2012 64bit

Driver used: http://ftp1.digi.com/support/driver/40002668_K.exe

Product:
Model: AnywhereUSB/2

Firmware Version: 1.51.12.18 (build 82002116_H awusb2 eos 9/17/2013 10:03:26a)
Boot Version: 1.09.9.86 (release 82002117_B awusb2 bootloader 8/31/2009)
POST Version: 1.09.9.32 (release 82001552_A generic_travis hwdiag 8/27/2009)

The USB-Anywhere is correct recognized by the S.O. No yellow warning icon in device manager

All USB inserted, is recognized, but will not start.
If I do the same thing on not windows 2012 machine (ex win xp), there is no problem to recognize the same USB.

Please can someone help me.

Kind regard,
d.r.

Sorry for my english, but I’m Italian.

What type of USB device do you have connected to the AnywhereUSB device?

Does a USB mouse or keyboard work properly?

Thanks for your reply.

I try whit some USB Stick (mass storage) verbatin and kingston.

I think the problem isn’t the stick, but something in windows 2012, because the same sticks work perfectly when I have installed the client (Driver used: http://ftp1.digi.com/support/driver/40002670_K.exe) in a windows xp sp3 32 bit.

Tomorrow (now in Italy are 11,44 PM and I’m at home and not in office) I try with an USB mouse or keyboard

Thank
d.r.

There is a known issue with the AnywhereUSB 3.51 driver that USB flash drives will get error code when the USB flash driver tries to install. The AnywhereUSB 3.52 driver should resolve this issue but has not been released by Digi

Please, do you know if the problem also subsist with some license dongle? I bought the AnywhereUSB only for this reason. I forgot to said you that win2012 is in a vmware machine and I need this kind of solution.

Thanks
d.r.

… and are there some workaround??

d.r.

License dongles should work properly in Server 2012.
I have not found any workarounds for the issue and was told the AnywhereUSB 3.52 driver should resolve the issue.
I would try a USB mouse or keyboard to test the AnywhereUSB to ensure working properly.

Thanks halovapor for your answer and sorry for my late reply, but I was out of office and only today I can try your suggestion.

The license dongle seam to work properly.

The usb mouse is correctly recognized by the SO (no yellow warning icon), but it don’t work (is not very important for me, but I don’t understanding why)
At the test moment I don’t have a usb keyboard to test, but the next Monday I thing to try again.

Have a good week-end.
d.r.

I have the exact same problem!

I have USB-devices (3 different kinds) connected through my AnywhereUSB/5 (- 301-1130-01) to a virtual Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit. Firmware v2.31.005 and software v3.51.49 (64-bit for Windows Server 2012). All devices show status: Device cannot start (error code 10) in device manager.

The same setup with the exact same hardware works perfectly on a virtual Windows XP.