Realport installation problem

Hello-
I have been trying to install RealPort for a Digi One IAP, but have run into some problems. I had previously installed it for an IA, but need to get an IAP working. Installation hangs part way through and throws an error code 14 with the message:

error:259
file: DgRpUI32\RpDevice_2k.cpp
Line: 221

trying to install an old version of the software gives a similar error (again code 14)

error:259
file DgRpUI32\RpDevice.cpp
Line:2864

I am mystified, because I have previously installed the software with no problems. Now nothing works. Any ideas? Thanks!
Jeff

What OS are you trying to install this on and what driver are you trying to install? Sounds like it might be incompatibility.

Hello -
I am installing this on Windows XP/32 bit. I am trying to install the 32-bit Realport driver. It is definitely an incompatibility problem, because I can successfully install the software on other PC’s, but for a variety of reasons, I need to install it on this particular machine and it is not allowing me to. I have asked the Digi Tech Support people, and they forwarded me on to Engineering, but I haven’t heard anything back yet.

I just want to find out what the error means so I can fix my incompatibility problem. Because I don’t have access to the CPP file, I can’t tell why it is hanging.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi,

Error code 14 may be driver related errors. Make sure to install proper drivers wrt the operating systems.
You can get the drivers for different operating systems at the following link, “http://www.digi.com/support/productdetl.jsp?pid=1910&osvid=57&tp=1&s=14&tp2=0” and restart your system once the installation is done.

Regards!

Dear,

I have the same problem with PortServer TS 16 using the last version of RealPort driver available. The OS is Windows XP (SP3).

The messages is:

Fialed to install Digi RealPort on your sistem (code 14)

Error: 259
File: DgRpUI32\RpDevice_2K.cpp
Line: 221

Any suggestions?

BR.