Recover XB24C, SM = 1, sleep_rq disabled

Hi

I setup an XB24C module to pin hibernate mode but set the sleep_irq pin to disabled by mistake. I cannot connect to the module with XCTU any more. Have tried resting the module and the recovery option but doesn’t seem to work. any ideas?

thanks

What do you have the XBee module mounted on? Who’s board is it?

Hi mvut. Thanks for your reply. I program the XBEE modules using a usb to TTL converter. I connect the VCC/GND, UART RX/TX and the CTS/DTR lines. I reset by grounding Pin5, and I have tried waking up the module by Pin 9. But as mentioned in the main post, this time I was creating a new profile and made a mistake by disabling the D8; hence losing sleep_rq.
I was thinking that the module would override the D8 setting should one of the pin sleep modes were selected but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

I’d appreciate any ideas. Basically is there away to force the module to the bootloader update mode? Usually when the module is not detectable the reset pin does the trick but this time I seem to be stuck.

cheers,

Hi mvut. Thanks for your reply. I program the XBEE modules using a usb to TTL converter. I connect the VCC/GND, UART RX/TX and the CTS/DTR lines. I reset by grounding Pin5, and I have tried waking up the module by Pin 9. But as mentioned in the main post, this time I was creating a new profile and made a mistake by disabling the D8; hence losing sleep_rq.
I was thinking that the module would override the D8 setting should one of the pin sleep modes were selected but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

I’d appreciate any ideas. Basically is there away to force the module to the bootloader update mode? Usually when the module is not detectable the reset pin does the trick but this time I seem to be stuck.

cheers,

Try purchasing an XBIB board to work from or connect DTR which is one of the lines required for firmware updates.