Serial Ports In all RCM4XXX

My design requires access to serials ports B,C,D,E y F between all the RCM4XXX cores. I need the confirmation from technical support to know if THAT is possible or don’t.

Pin assignments for serial ports C y D seems to don’t change between cores, good news, but for the serial ports B,E and F that changes because (i don’t understand WHY) between cores the pins used for that ports changes. I need to know them which are the pines E can use and F can use between cores, seems like be 3 possibilities for each pin of each port, is that right? Having that configurable via dips switches i can be sure of have accessible ALL the ports when i need to use any RCM4XXX core?

Please i need that response to configure my prototype, i cannot buy all the cores and test one by one…

TIA

Donald.

Hi Donald,

You can use the IO CONFIG programme supplied with Dynamic C 10.XX to configure the IO the way you want it. You then included that library with your software and call the BoardInit function or whatever you call it.

Is quite easy to use if you understand bit mapping and IO etc.

Good luck.
Dave…

While that is true, i cannot use the same pins for any member of the cores with 4000 microcontroller. So, any time i want to use a dif core i must change software and hardware. Have no sense. I stay with familiy 3000 , where i can use the same serial ports pins all acroos the family of cores.

Best regards.

[QUOTE=shimodadonald;1811]While that is true, i cannot use the same pins for any member of the cores with 4000 microcontroller. So, any time i want to use a dif core i must change software and hardware. Have no sense. I stay with familiy 3000 , where i can use the same serial ports pins all acroos the family of cores.

Best regards.[/quote]

Yes that is true and something I discovered with the new 4000 based cores. You just need a different LIB file that you compile with your source. Not that complex.