Strange EULA

I noticed that the EULA for the PCanywhere hub explicitly states that the software can only be installed on one computer. This defeats my whole purpose in buying your product, since what I want to do is use it to share USB devices between two computers. What puzzles me is this: since you are selling hardware, not software, why are you limiting the use of that hardware? I can’t figure out how you would possibly gain by this restriction (or suffer harm if I do install it on more than one machine)

Note: I’ve read elsewhere in these posts that the hub works with only one computer at a time. I can live with that. I will, however, recommend that you work on lifting this restriction since it would greatly enhance the usability of this device.

Hello,

I presume you’re referring to the statement, “Your use of the Digi Software will be limited to one computer.”

What this means is that the AnywhereUSB is designed to work with one computer, so you won’t be able to share the ports amongst multiple computers.

It’s perfectly OK for you to install the AnywhereUSB software on multiple computers and connect/disconnect from the AnywhereUSB in order to have different computers use the AnywhereUSB at different points in time.