Unable to reset to defaults, using Awrescue

The problems started after configuring a password for the Anywhereusb device, the first time I tried to login using the password failed.

So I decided to reset the device with awrescue, configured static IP as described in the instructions, used the MAC-address printed on the bottom of the device.
The applications seems to “hang” while starting it’s internal DHCP service, shown below:

AnywhereUSB Configuration Utility v1.00.1
Copyright (c) 2005 Inside Out Networks, In
Starting DHCP server for hub 0020BE7F53D3

What do I do to troubleshoot this issue?
If I use the Concentrator configuration utility the device shows up as expected, I can see it’s present IP and status.

The software is installed on Windows XP PRO with sp3.

There’s a password corruption bug in the AnywhereUSB Configuration Utility that’s bundled with the (current to-date) v2.40 AnywhereUSB package. The AwRescue program only resets network-related settings and should only be used when the unit has the DHCP client enabled yet there is no DHCP server. That’s why it’s “hanging”.

To resolve the password corruption bug, download a newer config util from our FTP site using the information below. The file name is “AwUsbCfg.v2.3.2.0.exe”. You’ll want to rename the file to “AwUsbCfg.exe” then copy/paste it over your existing one, which is located in “c:\windows\system32”. Be sure, of course, to first close (via “File / Exit”) the AnywhereUSB config util if you happen to have it open.

If you are using a FTP client:
Host name: ftp://ftp1.digi.com
Username: austin
Password: !15st3n!

===

If you are using Internet Explorer 6 (or a previous version), copy & paste the following address:

ftp://austin:!15st3n!@ftp1.digi.com

This will automatically log you in with the above Username & Password.

===

If you are using Internet Explorer 7:

1. Copy & paste the following address: ftp://ftp1.digi.com
  2. Click the “Tools” button and make sure that “Menu Bar” is checked.
  3. click “View” then click “Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer” from that menu.
  4. In the new window that opens, click “File / Login As”, enter the above Username & Password, then click the “Log On” button.

The interesting thing to note is that the “correct” password starts working again after using the AwRescue program.

Anyway, thanks alot for the information, I will download the mentioned software a.s.a.p.

I’ve replaced the executable but I am still unable to login to the device. I set the password while the previous (wrong) version was installed. Is there any solution for such case?

Is the issue that the new AnywhereUSB Configuration Utility is not accepting your password?