USB Anywhere info needed

Hi,

I tried replying to the support email sent from Digi and it fails, so im posting it on the thread now

last email recived from: aus-is-leads@mtk-sms-cim01.digi.com

Email

We have purchased Anywhere USB/14 which we have problems with and we need to repurchase other USB devices.

Our problem:
• We have different lines of business wanting to put their USB device in, this caused a problem as one business needed to hard reset their device.
• Anywhere USB/14 does not have a function to “reboot” individual ports making it useless product to us since if one device fails and needs a reboot the rest of 13 usb devices will be rebooted as well!
• OR is this functionality available and I’m not aware of?

Solution:
• Use more devices per USB product:
• We will need multiple host availability
• We will need remote access

Products:
Anywhere USB TS
• I need more info on this.
o I can see 4 NIC ports on the back on the product. Does this mean each port has its own management console which in hand would enable us to reboot each port in needed?

AnywhereUSB/2
• This device does have remote management tool, and be able to be setup like Anywhere USB/14 correct?

Your prompt response is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Hello,

To answer your first question about the AnywhereUSB/14, it does not offer a feature to “reboot” individual USB ports. I strongly suggest contacting your local Digi sales representative if you’d like to try to get this feature added.

To answer your other question about the AnywhereUSB TS-44, it offers 4 USB ports and 4 RS-232 serial ports. The physical interface of the 4 serial ports is RJ-45. This model has a single NIC.

To answer your final question about the AnywhereUSB/2, all AnywhereUSBs use the exact same software (driver package). The AnywhereUSB/2 is a newer 2nd generation model, which additionally offers a Web UI and CLI.

Thank you for your response. I highly doubt the “sales” team can do anything to help… i have sent several emails with no reply! I got 1 reply and when I replied back the email could not be sent to the recipient. shocking support!

As much as I don’t want to I have to go with Anywhere USB 2 as having 14 devices for several servers causes a huge risk if individual devices cannot be rebooted.

thank you again for replying

You can contact sales Representative for your region to raise an SPR(special Project Request)