When you make a UnixWare 7.1.3 drivers work ?

Hello there !

I buy the AccelePort RAS 8 board and trust to yours promise what it work under UW7.1.x , yes maybe it work without Maintenance Pack 4, but nobody will remove mp4, install your driver and install mp4 as you recommend in http://www.digi.com/support/kbaseresultdetl.jsp?id=516 ,
cause any normal admin install this mp4 FIRST after OS installation.

So, the question is the subject:
When you make a UnixWare 7.1.3 drivers work ?

There are no immediate plans to fix this. With the mp3 installed, we’d be able to give you a patch, along with a patch you’d need to get from SCO, that would make this work for you.

As for mp4, my understanding is that it panics the server, but there are no immediate plans for this issue to be resolved. The driver was made when UW 7.1.1 was the latest release and it worked fine then. Changes to the OS since then have broken the way the driver works.

If you have a need to get this driver fixed, my recommendation would be to make your need known to your Digi Sales representative.

>There are no immediate plans to fix this
Why ?

> With the mp3 installed, we’d be able to give you a patch

ОК. Where can i take the patch ?

>The driver was made when UW 7.1.1 was the latest release >and it worked fine then. Changes to the OS since then >have broken the way the driver works.

Thus you must change the text on your site and in documentation to UW7.0.x - 7.1.1

>If you have a need to get this driver fixed, my >recommendation would be to make your need known to your >Digi Sales representative.

I tried, but don’t rely on this

>>There are no immediate plans to fix this
>Why ?

Apparently there isn’t enough demand to justify the resources involved in fixing it.

>> With the mp3 installed, we’d be able to give you a patch
>Where can i take the patch?

You would need to call Technical Support, then it could be e-mailed to you with instructions on how to install it.

>>The driver was made when UW 7.1.1 was the latest release…
>Thus you must change the text on your site…

A failure against the driver release notes has been created to address this. Also, a note underneath the driver listing has been added to do the same.

If you have any other questions regarding this, please call Technical Support or create an online support request.

Thanks for your patiens Michael.

>Where can i take the patch?
>You would need to call Technical Support, then it could >be e-mailed to you with instructions on how to install >it.

Ok I try to contact with support by Online Support Request Login form, but imho it does not work, cause i cannot login in it.
Is any other way to contact with support ?

>If you have any other questions regarding this, please >call Technical Support or create an online support >request.

What tel number ?

Sorry for confusion, I send the quetion to tech support.
I don’t know that account in forum and in support form is not the same …

Phone number for support is 952-912-3456 if you still need it.