Windows server 2008 R2 Ctirix VM no connectiong to AnywhereUSB 14

Hi all

Hopefully this is already solved and someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 VM running out of Citrix Xen Server which is on the same network as a AnywhereUSB 14. I have installed the 64bit drivers (latest from digi, 40002668_G.zip ones) and thats all fine. I can start up the application and it finds the anywhere 14 device, I can configure it, but when I tell it to connect, to just doesn’t. I have tested it on a server 2k3 r2 box on the same vm host and it connects fine and shows the usb modem.

I have tried the drivers from the CD, updated ones from digi. 32bit ones do not install, tried that was well. I have turned off all the firewalls and checked connectivity both ways.

Once I click Connect, the status just shows,

This Host PC will use Group 2 when connecting to this Remote Hub

Connecting to this Host PC…

And thats all.

I have the Anywhere 14 configured so each port is a seperate group. and there is no default group.

I have sniffed the data packets, and it looks like its attempting to connect using broadcast UDP/3422, a reply comes back , trys for a bit and then gives up.

Any thoughts, questions, opinions?

Cheers

Fletch

Hello Fletch,

Please follow the suggestions in this KB article and let me know if any of them help or not.

http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl.jsp?id=1031

cheers jeremym

I had checked that link from another post. Still not sure what the problem is. I have since updated the firmware to the latest version and tried a few other things. Still broken. I am pretty sure its the vm rather than the device as I just setup the application on another VM server 2k8r2 on the same host and tried to connect, and it worked.

Am putting it down to random strangeness.

Interesting to note, in Computer Mangler, under System devices, the Network Attached USB Enumerator is !. On the VM that works its not. The error code is 52 saying cannot verify the digital signature. The difference between the 2 vm’s is that on the second, I just installed the updated driver from digi. On teh first, i installed the driver from the cd, and then updated it (un-installed/re-installed a dozen times or so) and it was always broken. Guess something is not uninstalling properly or windows is caching a driver file and reusing that or some such madness.

End of story, Solved!

Cheers

Fletch

and to fix the ! Network Attached USB Enumerator, right click, uninstall and check Delete the driver software for this device, Ok.

Then re-run the setup64.exe to install the drivers from the updated driver file. Device reappears, no !, and will connect fine.

Maybe not so random strangeness after all.