XB24CZ7RIS-004 Default Values?

I have an XB24CZ7RIS-004 and a XStick (XU-Z11). I have installed XCTU and updated the latest firmware. I have the Xstick configured as the AT Coordinator and I want to wirelessly pair the XB24CZ7RIS-004 as an end device. How do I do this? I do not know the default PAN ID or SC for the end device.

Just set the SC and ID values the same and one of them as a Coordinator. They will associate and form a network on their own.

Okay, so I set the Zigbee Coordinator API device (Xstick) values to the following: ID PAN ID FFFF and the SC Scan Channels FFFF. I click the Write the setting to the radio node for both values. Then I click the Discover radio nodes in the same network button and it does not find any devices. Please note that I cannot connect (easily) my end device directly to my computer so I cannot write the end device Pan ID or SC via XCTU.

No, set the Coordinator’s PAN ID to 0 and same with the router. Then set both to an SC of 7FFE.

I’m only currently using a coordinator and an end device (no dedicated router device). I set the coordinator ID PAN ID to 0 and SC Scan Channels to 7FFE. Still no discovery.

Does this make sense? Sorry, very new to this.

You are going to need to issue a network reset (ATNR0) on the end device.

How do I do that on the end device?

You will need to gain access to it’s UART. Then enter command mode and issue the ATNR0 command.

Okay, I have UART connected between my system master uC (XMC1300) and my XBEE. That would be the most direct way to do it. I can’t seem to find anything about ATNR0 in the XBEE manual. Where can I find more information on this command (and others)? By the way, I just soldered an LED onto the associate pin and it is blinking on/off as if it were connected…

It is on page 175 of the product manual located at http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90000976_W.pdf.

Is there anywhere that spells out the binary values of each command? Like I said, I have my master uC connected to the Xbee UART lines so, if I can perform a network reset by programming it into my uC initialization sequence, that would be much more convenient.

Within Digi’s rem, no. But there are plenty of good Hex to Binary converters on the web that you can use.

I guess, hopefully my last question is, there is no hex value for NR (Network Reset) or address to write to so where is that information

I’ve changed my method of serial communication and, although I haven’t received an acknowledgement from the TX of the XBEE, the behavior of the associate LED has changed. It now appears on for 5 seconds, then flashes on/off 5 times then repeats.

Sounds like you got it working.

Is that what the LED pattern means? From what I’ve found online, if the LED is solid, it means that the end device has not associated and it blinks 2 times per second when it is associated. It seems to be going back and forth between those two states but I do not see the device in XCTU Network Working Mode (accessed by clicking the button in the top-right of XCTU). I only see the coordinator, not the end device.

In order to use the network monitor mode of XCTU, you need to have your module connected to the PC in API mode.

Yes, the LED will indicate the status of the module. If this other module is a router, it should blink two times a second. If it is an End device, it will blink twice a second while it is powered up.

I have my coordinator (the XU-Z11) connected to my COM4 USB port on my PC and it is in Zigbee Coordinator API mode. It’s associate LED blinks once per second indicating the Coordinator has booted up successfully. Shouldn’t the coordinator connected to my PC in API mode, as stated above, allow me to use the network monitor mode to view my end device connecting?

For my end device (the XB24CZ7RIS-004 non-programmable RF module), the associate LED is solid for 2 seconds, flickers out for a brief moment, then solid for 2 seconds, then flashes 5 times at a rate of about twice per second, then repeats that sequence over again. My problem is that part of this sequence seems to indicate that the module is switching between being connected to the network the coordinator has established by blinking 5 times at a rate of twice per second but then, when the LED goes solid, seems to indicate that there is no connection. What do you make of this?

That indicates that the module is not associated. Try using the commissioning button four times on your Router/end device within 1 second. That should cause the module to look for a coordinator/network again.