Xbees series 1 - CH 10 in Mhz

Hi,

I’m trying to interface with a 802.15.4 ISM device that is transmitting at 2457Mhz.

I have an Xbee series 1 (802.15.4 ISM) and trying to figure out how I can set the Xbee via XCTU to match this device at 2457Mhz.

Can someone tell me if channel (XCTU CH) value 10 sets frequency to 2455Mhz +/-2Mhz and is capable of talking with 2457 frequency?

Cheers,
alex

There is more to it than just a channel for 802.15.4. There is the PAN ID value and the 16 bit or 64 bit address that needs to be know. If you know the value of the PAN ID and if the address is either a known 16 bit address that you can set or to the broadcast address, then you can receive it. If you do not know what the PAN ID is or if it is sending to a given 16 bit address or 64 bit address and you do not know the value, then you will not be able to.

2.455 GHz is channel 15.

Hi mvut,

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

The devices I’m trying to interface with is asking for the following settings;

• frequency: 2457Mhz
    (57 0x39)

• Channel Type: slave (0x00)
    Device must be configured as the slave. Bidirectional communication is required

• Network Key: 0xnn, 0xnn, 0xnn, 0xnn, 0xnn, 0xnn, 0xnn, 0xnn
    The network key is an 8-byte number that uniquely identifies a network and can provide a measure of security and access control. The network key is configurable by the host application and a particular network number will have a corresponding network key. Only channels with identical valid network keys may communicate with each other.

• Transmission type: 0
    0 for pairing

• Device Type: 25 (0x19)
    Indicates to search for an ANT+ environment device

• Device Number: 0
    Set the Device Number parameter to zero to allow wildcard matching. Once the device number is learned, the receiving device should remember the number for future searches.

• Channel Period: 65535 or 8192 counts
    Data is transmitted from the environment device every 8192/32768 seconds (4 Hz) or 65535/32768 seconds (0.5 Hz) and must be received at this rate.

• Search Timeout: recommended = 45 seconds
    The recommended search timeout is set to 45 seconds in the receiver. This allows sufficient time for a 0.5 Hz master to be found. This timeout is implementation specific and can be set by the designer to the appropriate value for the system.

Any chance to be able to match the above settings with XCTU?

Cheers,
alex