7.25P communication problems & compatibility with Win XP

Hi everybody.

I’m trying to compile on 7.25P (for an environment based on a RMC2210) a certain software which was once programmed under this DynC version. I’m getting once and once again the same Timeout error, as described in this old thread:
www.rabbitsemiconductor.com/support/bb/messages/14/2574.html?1121085097

After having followed all the recommendations (slowing connection, changing registry keys connected with speed of connection, verifying that “nodebug” is present before main, etc.) I’m not getting positive results.

I tried a firmware update with RFU, and it works perfectly. So the matter seems to be related to the 7.25P concretely.

Do you have experience of this version under Windows XP? Is it supported?

hi,
i have a simular problem;
when i want to compile a program in the bl1810 jackrabbit i get following error:
while sending pilot bios
target communication error
the funny thing is that when i use another jackrabbit it works,
and sometimes i can program it, but when i want to reprogram it i get the error, i have already 8 jackrabbits laying aside because of this error
i have also tried to change the baudrate, ect but nothing helps
i do know that the error stands for an hardware problem, but i never changed the hardware, i merly supply the voltage and try to program and ther is the error again…
could there be an bug in some of the jackrabbits???
if u should thing of an solution…
thx muk

For what it’s worth…

if you are using a #asm function…make sure that you did NOT include the NODEBUG feature…
This seems to produce polling timeout errors, especially if the #asm function has alot of code…you may get away with it with a few statements but with an excess, it will produce timeout’s

Also…(this may be common sense) but make sure that you are not using
serial port A for any communication stuff in your program as this will
also cause a POLLING STOP then a time out…

Chuck