AnywhereUSB network packets loss

I have a problem with a DIGI AnywhereUSB / 2.

I installed the BOX on the network, installed the software on a physical Windows 2003 and configured the BOX in static IP. Everything OK. After inserting the USB keys in the BOX, the keys have been seen by the software and have been hooked to Windows 2003.

The problem is that after about 1 hours, the box disappears from the network and the software can no longer find the BOX.

Power cycle the BOX, everything works again for about 1 hour.

Using a continuous ping, after about 1 hour you notice random timeout, until they become more continuous.

After this, the box responds random.

I already tried to connect the box on the network card directly Windows 2003, but that did not change.

Probable hardware failure?

Thanks.

The next time this issue happens (after about an hour), please immediately collect the following information, before power cycling the AnywhereUSB:

1. Get a screen capture of the AnywhereUSB Configuration Utility.

2. Get a screen capture of the AnywhereUSB Viewer Utility (maximized).

3. Get a screen capture of Windows Device Manager (maximized) with the “Universal Serial Bus controllers” section expanded.

4. What is the color and activity of the System Status LED?

5. What is the color and activity of the two port LEDs?

6. What is the color and activity of the two Ethernet port LEDs?

Hello jeremym.

Here are answers to requests:

1. Unable to launch AnywhereUSB Concentrate Configuration Utility after the problem. You must restart the BOX for start application.

2. See file AnyUSB_View_Before and AnyUSB_View_After.

3. See file HW_After.

4. Flashing Green

5. Both off

6. Fixed Green.

Thanks for any info.

1. Please tell me more about the network topology. For example, what is the vendor and model of the Ethernet switch or router that the AnywhereUSB and PC are connected to?

2. For troubleshooting purposes, can you connect the PC directly to the AnywhereUSB with a crossover cable, then let me know if the issue still happens?

Hello jeremym,

sorry for the delay in response.

As I mentioned above, has already tested the Box directly connected to the server with a network crossed cable. There is also already ran a test with a switch “plate”. In both cases, it presents the problem.

Customer’s network is very complex, but since the problem occurs even with the network crossed cable, I suppose not it is necessary to provide this information.

Thanks

Does this problem happen if there are no USB devices connected to the AnywhereUSB?