AnywhereUSB/USB_RS485 Converter

I have an application for test equipment for a client testing multiple MODBUS/RTU 2 wire half duplex compatible devices. I currently use an EASYSYNC USB to 8 way RS485 converter which when running directly off the PC gives no problems. It also works fine off a powered hub. I’d like to get the host PC further away from the test area, so purchased an AnywhereUSB/5. I have installed it OK, with 1.90 driver, but when I run the clients hardware via the unit I get multiple CRC errors and timeouts. The EASYSYNC unit passes AnywhereUSB tests when plugged directly to the PC & via the AnywhereUSB/5. This is a stand alone application, using a cross over cable, WinXP SP2, VB6.0 test software using Sapia SMRX modbus DLL. Any ideas much appreciated.

Hi,

It seems that the IP overhead/latency may be causing some problems.

Since you’re using the AnywhereUSB directly to the PC (that’s how I am reading it), there probably isn’t to much you can do to speed things up.

You could ask the maker of the clients hardware what would cause the CRC errors and timeouts. We could maybe work with that.

Mike Swift

Hello,

How far do you need to be away from your equipment (from the PC?) If we can’t resolve this via the AnywhereUSB you could consider using USB extenders daisy chained together.

Mike